- ND BON Nursing Loan
The Nursing Education Loan Program is available to students in associate, bachelors and master’s degree programs in nursing. It also is available to graduate nurse students pursuing a doctorate and nurses enrolled in a refresher course. The loan can be paid back by working as a nurse in ND. The rate is $1 per 1 hour of work.
- The DEAL Student Loan can help you cover the cost of attending college if federal loans, grants, scholarships and savings don’t meet funding needs. It can be used for undergraduate and graduate classes. Talk to your employer about utilizing this option to payoff your loan in return for retention.
- North Dakota Association of Counties (NDACo) is offering SIX $2,000 scholarships that will be awarded to the children or grandchildren of county employees and appointed or elected county officials. The application deadline for 2018 is Friday, June 8th, 2018.
- RN to BSN Scholarship
NursingSchoolsAlmanac.com is offering a $2,500 RN to BSN Scholarship
- Sanford Health Sponsorship (Awarded to students already accepted into the LPN program and must commit to working 2 years full time as an LPN after graduation at Sanford – in Fargo or Bismarck)
- OADN Scholarship Program
The Organization for Associate Degree Nursing Foundation provides annual scholarships to students in Associate Degree nursing programs.
- F.A. Davis Scholarship
3 awards of $1,000 – Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
Preference given to qualified applicants with the greatest financial need who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate nursing program or master’s nurse practitioner program as full-time students.
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- Trinity Health Foundation Nursing Scholarship
The Trinity Health Foundation gives ten $3,000 scholarships per academic year for either ADN or BSN degrees. Applications accepted August 1-November 1 of each year. This scholarship does not require students to work for Trinity.
- North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education Scholarships
- ND Center for Nursing Future Nurse Scholarship Program
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Caring Foundation Nursing Scholarship
$2,500 scholarships available to ND residents attending a North Dakota college or university entering their undergraduate sophomore year or higher and enrolled in a nursing or health care related program. Deadline October 1st. BCBS Scholarship Application
- TNAA (Travel Nurse Across America)
$2,500 scholarship available to Registered Nurses seeking their BSN.
- AHEC Scholars Program
- Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Carol Shively Memorial Scholarship
$500 scholarship paid directly to the nursing student.
- Allan B. Engen Nurse Scholarship (Awarded to applicant currently employed in a ND Long Term Care Facility for LPN or RN education)
- ANurseIAm Scholarship by Cherokee Uniforms – $2,000 Scholarship Deadline March 31, 2019
- American Legion Auxiliary Scholarship – Applicants must be an honorably discharged veteran or spouse, son or daughter (adopted, step, grand, or great-grand child) of a living, deceased, or disabled or disabled honorably discharged veteran.
- Next Steps II Project (Preference given to American Indians)
Contact your local college for additional scholarships that may be available
Faculty Scholarships/Loan Repayment Programs
- HRSA (Health Resources and Services Administration) Faculty Loan Repayment Program – LRP Flyer
- NLN Foundation Grants and Scholarships
- NLN Scholarships for Nurses Pursuing Advanced Degrees
- OADN (Organization for Associate Degree Nursing) – Scholarship and Grant information located on the left side of the page.
- Johnson & Johnson Find a Scholarship
- ND BON Nursing Loan
- ND Department of Health Federal State Loan Repayment Program
- Walden University
- NDUS Policy 820 Faculty Tuition Assistance
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program – Offers loan repayment assistance to registered nurses, nurse practitioners, advanced practice nurses, and nursing school faculty who agree to work in underserved areas.
- Snapshot of Loan Repayment Programs
- NHSC (National Health Service Corps) Loan Repayment Program
- Indian Health Services Loan Repayment Program – (Up to $40,000 in exchange for 2 year service commitment)